Working at Nations
Nations Financial Group, Inc. is a rapidly growing independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm and registered Broker Dealer serving independent Advisors and Registered Representatives nationwide. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we are proud of our Midwest roots, our integrity, strong work ethic, and culture of helping others.
We genuinely care about our Advisors and their teams. This is most evident in our founding principles of TrueWealth. That same TrueWealth mission applies to our team members and their families by promoting work/life balance and personal flexibility.
At Nations, our team members strive daily to provide the best experience for our Advisors and their team members. We are always interested in highly motivated candidates who share our core values and our TrueWealth mission. If you are a focused problem solver who enjoys helping others, consider a career at Nations Financial Group.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Benefits of Working at Nations
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Basic Life, Accident and Disability
Long Term Disability
401(k) with Matching
Profit Sharing Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Director Of Technology
A qualified IT Support Specialist who will support, set up, and train users on cloud-based Fintech solutions. A successful IT Support Specialist must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and various internet applications, working knowledge of network and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail with an aptitude for learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding promptly to service issues and support requests
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems
- Maintain service issues and support requests tickets of repairs and fixes
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on “how to” FinTech and cloud-based software solutions
- Setup accounts for new users across multiple platforms
- Install and configure computer software, systems, printers, and scanners
- Create and maintain documentation
- Manage cloud system configurations
- Assist leadership in data mining and report generation
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Enjoys working with and helping clients and customers
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Office
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of databases and data reporting
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA or Technical Degree Preferred; however, any schooling directed at the technical field, financial industry, or related experience would be acceptable.
- Familiar with cloud computing services: Azure, Office 365, familiarity with Fintech Cloud solutions a plus.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows domain environments, office networking, telecommunications, and business applications/systems
- Strong analytical skills, self-directed, and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to learn and apply troubleshooting methods
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Database and SQL knowledge including MS Access, MS SQL, Excel, Power Query, and PowerBI
- Experience with low code automation, RPA, AI, and API’s a plus
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Customer service mindset with good to great phone skills
- Creative thinker
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Self confident and goal-oriented
- Seeks advancement and knowledge in the IT space
Minimum Skills and Competencies Required to Perform Job Competently
Must be highly motivated, comfortable working independently, good decision making, and organizational skills complemented with a sufficient ability to work with various personality types. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with good problem solving, mathematical, and time management skills
- Work experience that demonstrates interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Organized, meticulous, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
- Professional attitude, demeanor, and appearance with the ability to represent Nations positively in the community
Travel Frequency (Amount of Time Working Outside the Office): 1%
Approximately 10%. Ability to travel locally within a specific geographic area; some travel outside of the particular geographic location as applicable.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.